May 15, 2019
Program Manager – Centre for Leadership and Innovation (CFLI)
Leaders aren’t born, they are nurtured and developed. This is the driving force behind CFLI, which was founded in 2012. CFLI ‘s mission is to build and promote leadership and innovation amongst Tamil Canadians and other multicultural communities. It is registered as a Non-Profit organization, and is governed by the Board of Directors and an Advisory Board.
CFLI offers many programs for youth ages 10 to 18 years old throughout the year, which include YLP, YDocs, Yfinance, Yjobs, YRobotics and YRoots. Youth Leadership Program (YLP) is its primary program, which has over 450 youth enrolled and classes are held at 3 locations – Ajax, Brampton and Markham. YLP was established with the objective of developing and fostering future leaders of Canada. This innovative program provides a forum for youth to practice and hone their leadership, teamwork and communications skills through learning-by-doing and a peer support group. The YLP classes are facilitated by over 50 volunteers, professionals from various backgrounds. For further information on CFLI, please refer to www.cflicanada.ca.
This is a newly created paid part-time position that will be reporting to the Board of Directiors of CFLI. Given the tremedous growth of CFLI since its founding, the Program Coordinator will play a significant role in driving the continued growth of the organization and managing the mulitple programs it offers. The position will require the candidate to commit on average 12 to 15 hours a week at $25-$30/hour. The Program Coordinator will have flexibility to do most of the work remotely during the week days, and be on location in Markham Sunday afternoons.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning and coordination of programs and its activities
• Ensure implementation of organization policies and practices
• Monitor budget and track expenditures/transactions
• Handle the programs related financial administration including student fee collections
• Maintain and updating student database
• Manage communications through media relations, social media etc. to promote the organization and the programs offered
• Help build positive relations with parents and youth in the programs
• Keep all members of the board up-to-date with relevant program information
• Communicate with team members to ensure maximum efficiency
• Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda
• Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
• Prepare paperwork and order material
• Keep updated records and create reports or proposals for funding
• Support growth of organization and development of new programs
• Degree or diploma in education, social work, communications or related field
• Previous experience as a Program Coordinator or working with youth is an asset
• Strong knowledge of program management and development procedures
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to speak in Tamil is an asset, but not required
• Attention to details
• Proactive problem solver
Please note: Candidates will be required to provide information to do a background check.
Please apply ASAP, role open until filled. Resume to be sent to the attention of Umesh Vallipuram at firstname.lastname@example.org.